My girlfriend and I have sex while she is having her monthly period. Is there any possibility that she might be pregnant?
It is a really good website. I learned a lot.
If your girlfriend has taken her 21 consecutive combined birth control pills, she does NOT need to use a second method of birth control if you two had intercourse while she was having her monthly period (which would be during the 7 hormone-free placebo pill days).
Since you do not indicate in your email question whether your girlfriend is using any type of birth control, I cannot be sure if the above paragraph relates to her situation. Please do advise me as to what type of birth control your girlfriend is using.
The following questions from our website could provide some additional information for you:
I am on the pill-- can I still get pregnant by having sex during my period? Click here
Can unprotected sex during my period lead to pregnancy? #1013 Click here
Can intercourse when I am having my period lead to pregnancy? #1085 Click here
"Can I be pregnant?"
The answer to this for almost any sexually active woman in her reproductive years is: YES!
- A woman can become pregnant if she had had intercourse while still on her period ? even if she uses emergency contraceptive pills.
- A woman can become pregnant using Depo-Provera injections perfectly.
- A woman can become pregnant after having had tubal sterilization.
- A woman can become pregnant after her husband/partner has had a vasectomy.
- A young teenager can become pregnant before she has her first period.
- A fully breastfeeding woman can ovulate and become pregnant in the first 6 postpartum months even if she has not had a menstrual period.
You get the point! Reproductive age women who have
penis-in-vagina intercourse can become pregnant.
Key Words: sex, period, pregnant