| Search the Questions & Answers
||Browse by Category
|View Questions by Category
There are no sub categories
There were 63 questions found in this category:
STERILIZATION: FEMALE & MALE
(Page 1 of 4)
- My husbandís last sperm count after his vasectomy showed dead sperm, but I have pregnancy symptoms. #424/13
Hi, as the subject suggests, I suspect I may be pregnant, even though my husband has had a vasectomy. He had it done in December 2012 and has had two tests done (last one showed dead sperm). My period is usually a 30-day cycle and was due on the 24th of April. We have two children already. ...
- Would it be possible for me to become pregnant after tubal sterilization? #508/13
I am 37 years old and had my tubes tied 5 years ago. I would like to become pregnant again. What are the chances of this happening? Good morning! Tubal sterilization can sometimes be reversed, but it is not always possible and it is quite expensive. My recommendation is that you read ...
- Is it possible that I am pregnant after a tubal ligation 15 years ago? #310/13
Hi. I had my tubal ligation 15 years ago (September 24, 1997), and I'm wondering if it's possible that I could become pregnant. I feel a weird feeling that is mimicking moving or kicks, but I also thought it could be gas. My periods were very short when I was pregnant with my son. I had a short ...
- What are the risks when tubal reanastamosis is done and what are the chances of conceiving? #915/12
I’m 36 years old, mother of 2 boys (12 years and 9 years). Both were delivered cesarean and after my second child I had undergone sterilization (at the age of 27). Now I wish to have a baby. Kindly advise what are the risks involved in reanastamosis and what are the chances of conceiving. ...
- Does tubal failure increase after many years? #906/12
Hello, I want to know if you could help me with this question. I was 34 years old when I had Filshie clips put on my tubes 5 years ago. Is it possible for the tubes to ever open up years later without surgery? I read tubal failure increases after many years. I think I read entirely too muc ...
- What are the chances of becoming pregnant after sterilization? #1024/12
I’m a 33 year-old woman with 3 children. I’ve been sterilized and would like to become pregnant again. What are my chances and how can I help myself to become pregnant? Good afternoon! It is sometimes possible to reverse a tubal sterilization operation. Try to find a physi ...
- At age 45, after sterilization and then having a miscarriage, what my next step to prevent pregnancy #1228/11
Hello! In May I had a DaVinci myomectomy, resulting in the removal of 21 fibroids. At age 45, it seemed reasonable to also have my tubes cauterized. This past week I experienced a miscarriage. I didn’t connect a late period with pregnancy. What is my next step to prevent another pregna ...
- Can we be confident since my husband had 2 negative semen samples after his vasectomy? #659/12
My husband had a vasectomy in January 2012. He provided a semen sample 3 months later and it was negative. He provided a second sample one month after that and again, it was negative. I’m assuming negative means zero sperm count. Can we be confident enough to stop using any other form ...
- I had my tubes tied several years ago and now have symptoms of pregnancy. Could I just be pre-menopausal? #654/12
I am now 45 years old and had my tubes tied after my youngest was delivered by C-section. What are my chances of getting pregnant? I am three weeks late and I have symptoms of being pregnant (such as nausea, dizziness, tender breast, weight gain, and tiredness. Or could I be going through pre ...
- My patient is pregnant after a tubal ligation and now wants a second tubal. What are my options? #512/12
I have a patient who came to me concerned about early menopause, which is something her mother experienced. She is 36 and had a tubal 14 months ago after the birth of her youngest child, whom she is still breastfeeding. Her pregnancy test is positive and we have confirmed an IUP (intrauterine ...
- How many years is the Yoon ring effective against pregnancy? #1003/11
I had my Yoon ring inserted on January 2005 and I was wondering how long it is effective and what are the chances that I will become pregnant in 2011? Here is extensive information about the Yoon ring. I am not an expert on this topic. [Report o ...
- Is there a procedure available to reverse my tubal sterilization? #1119/10
I had a valve replacement done (sterilization) after a C-section. Now, I want another baby. Is there any possibility for me to become pregnant again? Is there any method available? It is sometimes possible to reverse a tubal sterilization operation. Try to find a physician who has extensi ...
- What can I do to become pregnant after an endometrial ablation 10 years ago? #1012/10
I am the mother of 3 wonderful boys, youngest is 12 yrs old. I had an endometrial ablation 10 years ago because of heavy menstrual cycles. I have not had a period since. I divorced when the youngest was 5 years old. After being a single mother for all these years, I have found my soul mate a ...
- How successful will recanalization be if I had a tubal sterilization 7 years ago? #719/10
I have two children and I underwent a laparoscopic tubectomy 7 years back. I intend to conceive a child now. I am 34 years old now. Is possible for me to conceive a baby now after recanalization? How successful will it be? 1. It may be possible to reverse your sterilization. Try to ...
- My husband had a vasectomy 6 years ago, I continued birth control pills, and we use condoms and withdrawal. Could I possibly be pregnant? #114/9
I have been married to my husband for 10 years and we have two beautiful kids. After our second one six years ago my doctor told me that it would not be a good idea for me to have any more children, so my husband had a vasectomy. I continued to take birth control pills (BCPs) for other reasons b ...
- I want to have the Essure sterilization done but am concerned about the risks. #548/10
I am 38 years old and have never been pregnant. I have been using barrier methods for 20 years. I am ready for a more permanent solution for better peace of mind. I am considering having the Essure procedure done, but am having trouble weighing the risks of this procedure with the risks ass ...
- Age 48, sterilized 19 years ago, late period; am I pregnant or is this menopause? #304/10
Please advise me. Nineteen years ago I was sterilised immediately after my daughter was born (this was a normal pregnancy). The contracepive I previously used was the copper 7 coil. I am 48 years old, very active and recently remarried. My husband is 30 years old. I am now almost 2 months late ...
- Lesbian couple seeks reveral of tubal sterilization to become pregnant. #1141/9
I had my tubes clipped and burned five years ago. I have since gotten in a new relationship and me and my female partner want a baby. What are our options? Adoption and in vitro fertilization (IVP) are, of course, options. It may also be possible to reverse your sterilization. Try to find ...
- After a vasectomy 12 years ago, is recanalization possible? #1140/9
I had a vasectomy 12 years ago. The method used was snip and stitching of vas tubes. After all of these years of no concerns and worry free sex, my girlfriend is late. Is recanalization possible after over a decade? After all those years, recanalization following vasectomy is very, very u ...
- Vasectomy is NOT 100% effective. Why aren't couples adequately taught that is the case? #1132/9
First let me thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to talk to me this morning. Per your request, here are some of the social consequences I have faced as a result of getting pregnant and giving birth to my husband’s child, conceived after his vasectomy failed. Incidentally ...
(Page 1 of 4)